Continue onward towards the road at Kingsbury Street, opposite a row of yellow almshouses.
The vicar, Dr Tounson, lost his living because he backed the king during the Civil War. Following the Restoration in 1660, he was reinstated by King Charles II and in his gratitude built the almshouses, “To the Glory of God and the Good of the Poor”
in 1682. They provided accommodation for elderly widows of the parish and continue to accommodate older people.